Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Adventure to Come

The Fool - The Joie De Vivre Tarot
Today I'm packing for a trip.  I'll be out of town for a few days, so it made me smile when I drew The Fool.

When I was a little girl I used to pretend I was going somewhere exciting, and I'd pack a few things in my red bandana and tie it to a stick, just like I'd seen somewhere.  I longed for new adventures, and right now I find I'm feeling something similar.

The little bat in this fool card is pulling on her belt.  Is he trying to keep her from going away, or is he trying to save her from a fall over the cliff?  For me, right now, it feels like the tug of things that are holding me back.

Maybe it is time to leave a few familiar things behind.  I've been thinking it for a while, but only recently have started to feel strong enough to build something better for myself.  There are several old habits I can identify immediately that need to go, but otherwise, I'm not sure what direction I'm headed or if it will work out for me.

But this card is telling me to move forward even though I'm not sure where the journey will take me.  That adds to the adventure, no?  So, I'm packing my real bags for a camping trip and my metaphorical bags for a spiritual trip.  Whee!

“We all want to break our orbits, float like a satellite gone wild in space, run the risk of disintegration. We all want to take our lives in our own hands and hurl them out among the stars.”
  ~David Bottoms

 post signature

2 comments:

  1. For me, it is hard to go, and hard to come back...life is funny that way.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense. Going was hard for me, and coming home was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...