Saturday, September 1, 2012

Commiting to Myself

Today I drew the Judgement card. Again. I was none too happy to see it come up only three days after I drew it the first time on this issue of accomplishing my goals.

Judgement - Revelations Tarot

It's a reminder that evaluating my life and making decisions is not enough.  I also need to follow through, and there's no point in putting it off any longer, which I have been doing.

Ugh.  It's just that, although I'm sorta miserable in my little wallow, I'm also pretty comfy here.  It's going to take some effort, and oh my God, TIME to get to a better place.  I know it's going to take consistent effort over time, and I'm feeling resistant to making the commitment to myself.  I'm also too impatient.  When I don't see results pronto, I tend to give up.  So, I'm still having to wake up and smell the coffee!  

Mmmm, coffee.  Speaking of which, I could use another cup before I get busy. Sigh.

"All great masters are chiefly distinguished by the power of adding a second, a third, and perhaps a fourth step in a continuous line. Many a man had taken the first step. With every additional step you enhance immensely the value of your first."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...