Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In Which Tarot Saves the Day (Maybe)

We've been working on a home improvement project that has needed doing for years. We're building a new deck out back. Every year we make plans to do it, but the project has never materialized. Until now. We are past the planning stage (Halleluia!) and today materials were delivered.

Supposedly, we were getting a smokin' hot deal. My husband's cousin is helping us with the project and he knows a guy who had an overstock of material due to a mistake. He said he could get it to us for $500.   At the time my husband's cousin mentioned that we had $2000 to spend on the project.

Well, guess what. The guy picked up some extra stuff we were going to need for the project, just to be nice, mind you, and the final cost for the materials was $1750.

I was pissed! First of all, I'm settling for colors and materials I did not want, but conceded to because the price could not be beat, but now if that's the price we have to pay, we won't have enough money to finish the project.

My husband's cousin reminded the smarmy dude that they talked about $500 and that we still had railing and other finishing material to purchase.

 "Oh! I forgot about the railing! Well, we'll figure out something that makes us both happy," says smarmy asshole guy.

He knew what we had to spend and figured out a way to get as much of that for himself as he could. Besides which, the beams he brought weren't even all standard size.  They were three different widths.  Urgh!  I was ready to have everyone haul the materials right back out front and go somewhere else to buy the stuff.

My husband and his cousin went out to Home Depot to see what it would cost them to get the material there and to pick up some other supplies, and while they were out I did a reading asking what I should do about the situation.

I pulled three cards: the King of Wands, Ace of Cups and Three of Wands.

King of Wands, Ace of Cups, Three of Wands - Gilded Tarot

The King of Wands is my husband's cousin.  He is full of hyper-active energy and the guy who will help us get this job - that has been only a wish and an idea for years - done.  The Ace of Cups is how I'm feeling, and while it usually means something more positive, right now it means rage. That eye is me because I know this guy is a cheat who is masquerading as a friend.  The moons in the ace represent the deception. The Three of Wands shows that this project is well under way.

I've been learning a little bit about the elemental dignities using the Golden Dawn system and applied that here for a little more clarity.  The wands are fire and the cups, water.  Fire and water are enemies and weaken each other.  Knowing that, I am concluding that  I, represented by that eye in the middle, could potentially hinder the progress we are making.  If I insert my anger into the middle of this  situation I may just watch my ship sail away.

So, I'm leaving this up to my husband and the King of Wands to figure out.  It's not easy for me to stay out of it and trust that it will all work out without me keeping an eye on everything, but I believe that is what this reading is advising me to do.

Update: The King of Wands (Hubby's cousin) and my husband did, indeed, work things out with the materials guy to my satisfaction. :-)

 post signature

2 comments:

  1. Building works are the biggest pain in the derriere known to man or woman! Like how you interpreted the reading, and glad things worked out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...