Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Patience

Seven of Pentacles - Revelations Tarot

Remember, there are no shortcuts, not for what you are hoping to accomplish. Laying a strong foundation will pay off for the long term.

That deck that I've been hoping would come together more quickly will get done, but getting everything level and doing the job right from the ground up is important. So, waiting for the help from people who know what they are doing is worth it. Even though there is no work being done on it today, I can look out and see what was done yesterday, knowing that more work will be done tomorrow.

Those fitness goals will take a lot of time, and though it seems I'm making no progress at all, the truth is, I'm laying a foundation of loving and believing in myself.

 Patience. Again. Patience. Not my strong suit, but maybe that's what I need to learn most right now. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."
 ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"The keys to patience are acceptance and faith. Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen."
~Ralph Marston




   post signature

2 comments:

  1. Truer words... These days, so many people want/expect quick fixes. Sadly, life isn't like that, and most things take time and effort. Sounds like you are really doing the best you can right now to lay the foundations so you actually stick with things - good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's funny, when I started pulling a card a day about how to accomplish my goals I expected Do. Do. Do. Go. Go. Go. Instead, I've gotten,...Think. Wait. Choose. I have a lot of inner work to do, I guess. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...