Sunday, September 9, 2012

Routine Change

A new tarot deck that I purchased arrived in the mail today. It's filled with such whimsical images that make me smile. I drew a card from it today, and must admit I didn't know what to make of this one.

The Hierophant - Joie De Vivre Tarot
 
I could interpret this card, as it pertains to my situation, many ways.  Is it suggesting I return to some of my faith traditions?  In the past I have found peace and many spiritual insights through those traditions, and I have been somewhat disconnected in the last few years.  Or should I create new traditions and rituals?

Maybe it's saying I need some routine.  Maybe I need to adopt (again) an exercise-no-matter-what routine.  During my walk yesterday I prayed and reflected.  I've tried to adopt a daily walking routine, but I resist routine and structure, and I can't tell you why.  I recognize how helpful certain routines would be to me, but have had trouble adopting any routine whatsoever.  Well, that's not really true.  I do have a routine;  it's just a mind-numbing, fattening, difficult to change routine. I think I need to start with believing I can change, not a new message for me.

Maybe I need to seriously consider that yoga class I have been thinking about taking.  I've wanted to practice yoga, but I need a little more guidance than a DVD or a book can provide.

I'm not sure what this card is telling me, but as I head into a new week, I think I need to take at least a step today toward one of these ideas that have come to mind.

“Tradition is a guide and not a jailer” 
~William Somerset Maugham

“You can be a beacon of inspiration by doing no more than your daily routine. And, yes, it must be a different routine than what you have now.”
~Rodney Lovell


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...