Thursday, September 13, 2012

What a Trip!

I'm headed out the door in a couple of hours, but I wanted to do a reading about something that is bothering me before I leave, and before I forget what cards came up, I'm logging them here.

Celtic Cross Spread using The Joie De Vivre Tarot




1. What covers me:  The Fool.  I'm beginning a new journey.  I'm learning new things, and have a feeling of expectancy.  Times, they are a changin'! (This is the 2nd day in a row this card has come up for me.)









2. What crosses me:  The High Priestess.  I'm feeling undercurrents of tension around me, but I don't know if I'm being hyper-sensitive or if I should trust my gut.  I'm worried too much about the motives and thoughts of others, and while maybe I am feeling something that is actually happening, this awareness is not helping me.  Or maybe what I'm calling an "awareness" is really just an over-active imagination.  Best to give the benefit of the doubt in these situations.  God knows, my sensitivity has gotten me into trouble before when I've reacted with not enough information.



3. What is below me (the root of the issue or history that is relevant to this situation):  Page of Cups.  I have newfound joy, and I'm excited to share this with friends of like mind.   My mind is bursting with ideas about things I could make or do, and I want to talk about these ideas, share them and get feedback.  Still, this card is also a reminder to trust my intuition and view the situation with love and compassion. I constantly work to think the best of those around me, and do try to give the benefit of the doubt.  I need to fall back on that now.




4. What is behind me (the recent past):  Five of Cups.  Depression.  I am coming out of a period of hopelessness and depression.  I still need to guard against falling into negative thinking and inactivity that keeps me depressed, but it is behind me at the moment.







5. What is above me (my desire or possible outcome): Eight of Cups.  Leaving the past behind in search of new horizons.  I'm on a journey, but it is my journey alone.  Whatever support I gain along the way is helpful, but ultimately, I am going to have to do the work that needs doing.  This is a time of growth and gaining a new perspective.  Like The Fool, this card says change is coming, and I am welcoming that change, even if it is sometimes a little scary. 






6. What is before me (future event or next step):  Ace of Wands.  I'm boldly moving forward on this adventure! Strong creative energy is ahead, along with a spiritual awakening.  If I think I am just waking up from a depressive sleep now, just wait, baby!  The future holds more.  I'm just beginning to see what I can do and be.







7. My attitude, thoughts and feelings about the situation:  Ten of Swords.  Ugh. Yes.  I'm feeling abandoned, ignored and neglected.  It seems nobody is interested in my growth and excitement.  I'm that little bunny in the Page of Cups card wanting to share what I'm learning, hoping to bring that excitement to the lives of people I care about, but every attempt to start a dialogue is met with silence.

What I need to remember is that it's not all about me.  Everyone has their own path, their own priorities.  My goals are just that. Mine.  I need to accept the gifts people bring to my life, give back, and draw on the support I do have.


8. My environment:  Six of Cups.  I have many sources of joy in my life; children, friends, a wonderful husband.  Besides that, I do have many past successes.  I can remember those and pull that energy into my current situation to help me chase my dreams.  I have many talents and abilities, and it's important to remember that.





9. My hopes and fears:  King of Cups.  I want to heal my life and by healing mine help the people I love find their joy and passion too.  However, the King of Cups has come up for me before telling me that I am far too dependent and validation from others, and that is my current fear, that others are not approving of my ventures, or that I need their praise and validation to move forward.  This card, besides reflecting my hope for emotional and spiritual wholeness, is telling me that I can have that whether or not I gain validation along the way.  This is my journey, and it is up to me to find the strength within to complete it.



10.  Outcome:  Strength.  Ah! I will find the strength within that I need to complete this journey.  In fact, the journey, itself, will strengthen me.  I can expect to accomplish what I am setting out to accomplish, and the changes that are coming are good ones! 








So many cups in this reading and so very appropriate!  This is, indeed, a very emotional time for me.  This reading speaks so much of new beginnings and changes, and that is what I've been trying to manifest in my life for a very long time now.  It seems I may finally be getting there!

I'm feeling blessed and encouraged now, and ready for that trip!  (Both the trip I'm taking today, and the life journey ahead.)

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...