Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Embracing Change

Kerry did a New Moon Reading looking at something she needed to release and something she needed to embrace during the next lunar phase. It was so beautiful that I was inspired to do the same.  I pulled two cards from Paulina Cassidy's Joie De Vivre Tarot.

King of Cups, Six of Swords - Joie De Vivre Tarot

I keep a pretty tight lid on my emotions most of the time.  When I'm nervous, I feel it on the inside, but the only way one would know it is if I chose to tell them.  It's the same with any strong emotion I feel.  I don't like to appear weak, so I do my crying, nervous pacing, and angry swearing in private.  So much control is something I would probably benefit from releasing. 

Interestingly, in this Six of Swords, the rider on the swan-like creature has given up her control.  She possesses no paddle and has no way to direct herself.  She is allowing herself to be carried away, leaving her swords (worries? anxieties? baggage?) behind on the shore.  The water she rides upon could be a symbol for those emotions I'm so afraid of.  I need to embrace the change I'm experiencing, trust the process, and let myself  feel what I feel.  In fact, expressing my emotions more freely would probably make the transition easier and my load lighter.

“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it...”
~Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight


post signature

8 comments:

  1. I love this!!


    Great reading and interpretation. I think I may have to do this one on my blog!

    Lotsa hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reading, Siddaleah! That's not an easy one, for sure, but worth trying for :) Love the quote, too!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not easy. It is easy for me to express anger at others while driving, though. I realized that today. lol

      Delete
  3. I really love this deck. Thanks for enabling me to buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Like the difference between this six of swords and the one from the Rider Waite. With this card you can leave your swords behind instead of dragging them along. That would be such a relieve sometimes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...