Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Cups Overfloweth

Using my Goddess Tarot app on my phone, I pulled a simple daily spread.

Ten of Cups, Queen of Cups, Seven of Cups, Ten of Wands - Goddess Tarot App

So many cups!  So much water.  I'm not feeling particularly emotional lately, but we have been having some very wet weather with flooding in places.  Along with the gray weather I tend to feel a bit down, but I have been working on feeling happy regardless of my physical circumstances.  This spread does seem to reflect that work.

In the past position the Ten of Cups reminds me that I have, along with my husband, built a really good life.  Our 26th anniversary just passed (still waiting to celebrate due to illness) and we have a four wonderful children.  We are surrounded by supportive friends and extended family, and we have a comfortable home.  Really, my life is the stuff that dreams are made of.  I could spend all day lamenting the dreams I have let go and completely miss the bliss in front of me.

The Queen of Cups in the present position represents the fact that I really have been making a conscious decision to be happy right now and live more fully in the present.  I'm choosing to draw from the well of abundance and joy as opposed to the well of regret and self-criticism. I'm feeling the way I've been wanting to feel without all of the striving and fighting myself of the past.  I'm doing well!

The Seven of Cups in the future advises me that, at some point, I'm going to need to take this feel good stuff to the next level, from fantasizing and planning to action.  I've been thinking of things I want to do with my life, both big and small.  For example, for a few days now I've been wanting to get into my kitchen and do some baking, but I have yet to actually do it.  That is due, in part, to the fact that I've been ill, but I'm starting to feel much better, so I'm looking forward to doing a little baking, decorating, and cozy-ing up of my home this week.  I have longer range goals too, but I'll be happy to start with the small stuff for now.

Card number four represents the overall theme of the reading, and it's interesting that with all of the good emotional stuff happening I am feeling very tired and overwhelmed as this card suggests.  Like I said, I've been ill, but it is also that I've spent weeks in a state of waiting and not knowing what to do with myself.  What I am getting from this card is advice to pace myself.  I am feeling like moving and getting busy again, but I can easily overwhelm myself if I expect to accomplish too much right now.  This is a busy time of year for me, but I can choose what is most important to me and let the other stuff take care of itself or sit a while longer.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you've been ill. I think this time of year is perfect for some baking. Just keep it small and feel happy with what you've accomplished. Get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of these cards, Siddaleah! Emotional work doesn't necessarily have to feel emotional. As you say, working to feel happy with where you are fits perfectly. Hope you can take your own advice, and enjoy the small steps along the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...