Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Greatest Love of All

The Lovers - The Joie De Vivre Tarot


I've decided to draw a card a day again.  It's been a while since I had a daily tarot practice, but I'm changing up my morning routine and testing different things to develop one that works for me.

Today I drew The Lovers and it's interesting to me that the entry for today in Mark Nepo's The Book of Awakening is about loving ourselves first; compassion for ourselves is a spring from which love and compassion for others flows.

Reading from this book or other inspirational material is another element of the morning routine I've decided to try for the first time today.  I've been going back and forth on this morning routine thing, wondering if I should make it all about me and taking care of myself or if I should use it to get some things, like housework, done .  When I focus only on loving self-care I start to feel a little guilty.  Am I being a bit self-centered?  Shouldn't I focus on being a responsible adult and getting necessary work done first?  Work first, play later?

The messages I'm getting this morning tell me that I must care for myself first.  It's not selfish, it's crucial.  It's a morning routine, not my entire focus for the day, and in starting with nourishing my own mind, body, and spirit I'll be better equipped to take on all those other responsibilities.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! Lovely to see you back. What possessed me to come over here and check on you? Obviously, something told me you'd posted recently! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla! Lovely to see your name in my inbox this morning. I'm not sure I'll be posting every day, but I did want a place to write online again once in a while.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, so excited you're back. I still checked on your blog periodically to see if you had come back. Self care is always very important.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...